CDFaker 1.03

Mount ISO/CUE CD images
JonAbbott

CDFaker 1.03

Post by JonAbbott »

CDFaker is now ARMv7 compliant and has been extended to support BIN/CUE files and RedBook CD-Audio. Manually run !CDFaker as needed, or load in PreDesk for best CD-Audio support, ensuring you have at least one CDROM configured.

ISOImage (DF6) and CUE (A79) filetypes are associated with CDFaker, simply double-click them to mount the CD image. Games that support CD-Audio should play CD-Audio once a BIN/CUE image of the CD has been created with suitable software via Windows, Linux or Mac.

CDFaker has two *Configure options to set the size of the CD-Audio buffer and read ahead:

CDFakerAudioBuffer <sectors>
CDFakerAudioReadAhead <sectors>

Where <sectors> is the number of CD-Audio sectors to read. There are 75 sectors/second, 1 second of audio being 150Kb. By default the buffer is ~2 seconds of audio (156 sectors) and read ahead is ~1/3 second (26 sectors.)

Note that SharedSound is required for CD-Audio support, which can be obtained from the ROOL System resources download.

By default CDFaker allocates the first free SCSI ID on card 3, this can be changed in !Run by modifying the relevant environment variable.

Games with CD-Audio

F10016 Ankh: The Tales of Mystery (1998) (R-Comp Interactive)
F10193 Heroes of Might and Magic 2: The Succession Wars (2000) (R-Comp Interactive)
F10194 Heroes of Might and Magic 2: The Price of Loyalty (2000) (R-Comp Interactive)
F10295 Quake Resurrection (2000) (R-Comp Interactive)
F10190 Towers of Darkness – Heretic, Hexen & Beyond (1999) (R-Comp Interactive)

Changes since 1.02:

Added volume support (GetAudioParams, SetAudioParams). Load CDFaker in PreDesk if you want the CDFSFiler audio player to work.
Attachments
CDFaker103.zip
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
philpem

Re: CDFaker v1.03

Post by philpem »

Is there a trick to get this working?

I've *Configured CDROMDrives to 2 (as I have a CD-ROM installed on a Unipod IDE card). Double-clicking an ISO or BIN/CUE results in the machine hanging briefly, but *CDFS then *CDDevices (again after a bit of a hang) doesn't show any drives at all.

This is on a RISC PC, StrongARM, RO4.02, 40MB RAM + 2MB VRAM. Unipod is in slot 0, Viewfinder in slot 1, Morley V1.19 SCSI in slot 2.

Cheers,
Phil.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

philpem wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:35 am *CDFS then *CDDevices (again after a bit of a hang) doesn't show any drives at all.
Have you tried setting a fixed SCSI ID in !Run? The fact you're not seeing your physical drive implies there's possibly a conflict.
philpem

Post by philpem »

JonAbbott wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
philpem wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:35 am *CDFS then *CDDevices (again after a bit of a hang) doesn't show any drives at all.
Have you tried setting a fixed SCSI ID in !Run? The fact you're not seeing your physical drive implies there's possibly a conflict.
The behaviour is a bit weird.

With CDFaker not running and two drives configured: *-cdfs-cddevices takes a few seconds to run then returns, showing just the IDE CD-ROM.
With CDFaker loaded, there's no difference.

The CDFaker SCSI ID was set to "?:3:?". I've tried "?:1:?" and "5:1:0" with the same problem.
To rule out conflicts, I unplugged the CDFSSoftSCSI2 module (in case the SCSI card was conflicting) with no change.

If I set the SCSI ID to "5:0:0", CDFaker works, but knocks out the IDE CD-ROM (it replaces it in CDDevices).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

philpem wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:13 am If I set the SCSI ID to "5:0:0", CDFaker works, but knocks out the IDE CD-ROM (it replaces it in CDDevices).
Sounds like it might be having problems inserting itself into the SCSI device list.

Have you tried loading CDFaker in PreDesk? I'm not sure it will make much difference but worth ruling out.

Another thing to try is to update your System Modules from the latest ROOL System resources for pre RISC OS 5 machines. I don't recall if it includes an updated SCSIFS.

Only thing I will say is I've never tested CDFaker on RISC OS 4 or 6, so it's possible SCSIFS/CDFS are implemented differently, which is causing a problem with devices inserted into the SCSI chain after the initial device scan.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon

Installing CDFaker from !PackMan, it installs without the right icon (the CDFaker compact-disc icon, which it comes with the ZIP when it's manually installed).
It appears with the generic "App" icon instead.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:48 pm It appears with the generic "App" icon
The package was missing the !Boot file - which I've now corrected.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

JonAbbott wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:21 pm
Vanfanel wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:48 pm It appears with the generic "App" icon
The package was missing the !Boot file - which I've now corrected.
Great! Reinstalling from !PackMan now!