Mah-Jong Patience (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Mah-Jong Patience (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Mah-Jong Patience (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

ID: 10239
Version: Unknown
Developer: Type Mismatch; Simon Cruse
Genre: Board Game
RAM: 1024

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM ARMv5+
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x 5.x

Legal info: Distribution rights granted to JASPP by Cambridge International Software

Download full archive: Image (2.1mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
Use "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer to run the game.

NOTE: RISC OS 5 support for this game is experimental and may crash or hang the machine

Synopsis
Mah-Jong Patience is a traditional Chinese pastime played with the tiles of that game. The tiles are piled up in pyramid fashion and the object of the game is to find matching pairs. When you match them they disappear leaving you to hunt for more pairs, and so it continues until all the tiles disappear. It may sound easy, but you need to look ahead many moves to get out, even though we have provided many 'helps' for you such as - peek under a tile - swap tiles - shift - back a move (up to five moves) - start the game over again. An annoying tune will accompany you on the journey into addiction, and the grand master will speak to you, to encourage you along. If it all sounds too easy you are obviously a candidate for lifetime of pleasure from this game. As SHANGHAI™ this game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide. Good luck and happy matching!

Screenshots

Gameplay
wmd

Re: Mah-Jong Patience (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Post by wmd »

Unless I'm mistaken, this game doesn't seem to have any copy protection. I just dragged the contents of the disc into a folder on my hard drive and it seems to run fine without the floppy being mounted in ADFFS. Tested on RISC OS 3.11.