Fireball II (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Fireball II (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Fireball II (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

ID: 10157
Version: Unknown
Developer: Simon Heather
Genre: Arcade
RAM: 1024

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM ARMv5+
OS compatibility: 2.0 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x 5.x

Legal info: Distribution rights granted to JASPP by Cambridge International Software

Download full archive: Image (1.6mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
Use "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer to run the game. To run the included original Firewall, launch via the icon directly on supported machines. On RISC OS 5 and other unsupported machines run with !ADFFS.obey.F1015701b

Synopsis
With SCREEN EDITOR
[with a free copy of the original great 'FIREBALL']

Phantasmagorical Graphics
Superdelificascious Sound
Unimaginicallically Horrendous Fun
Bricks that shoot back (Unfair! Unfair!)
Multiple Balls
Edit and Save your own screen designs

Screenshots
Image Image

Gameplay
wmd

Re: Fireball II (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

Post by wmd »

Is the original Fireball on this disk meant to work on an A5000? When I double click the icon, it loads but it just shows two large flashing blue frames from which you can not progress. Also, I am fairly certain that the highscore file for Fireball 2 is not the original untouched version.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:13 pm Is the original Fireball on this disk meant to work on an A5000? When I double click the icon, it loads but it just shows two large flashing blue frames from which you can not progress.
I can't check right now, but there are probably instructions in the boot script. I suspect they say to copy both to HD and replace the contents of both !Run's with ADFBootFloppy F1015701 or the script contents.

Always check the game Boot script, the majority have install instructions in them.
wmd wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:13 pm I am fairly certain that the highscore file for Fireball 2 is not the original untouched version.
If that is the case then I've not located an untouched original floppy. I'll check the archive to confirm that I've noted the highscore needs cleaning.

The packaged version might be clean as I can hack around with them without risk of damaging the original.

EDIT: I've checked the notes for this: "Fbhiscores needs resetting" - so I do need to locate an untouched original.
wmd

Post by wmd »

JonAbbott wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:17 am I can't check right now, but there are probably instructions in the boot script. I suspect they say to copy both to HD and replace the contents of both !Run's with ADFBootFloppy F1015701 or the script contents.
Thanks, this worked.