Blaston (1991) (Eterna)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Blaston (1991) (Eterna)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Blaston (1991) (Eterna)

ID: 10640
Version: Unknown
Developer: François-Yves Bertrand; FRD (sound); Silvio Porretta (graphics)
Genre: Vertical Scroller; Shooter
RAM: 1024

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM ARMv5+
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x 5.x

Legal info: Distribution rights granted to JASPP by Eterna

Download full archive: Image (2.3mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
To run the game use "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer.
Requires the manual for protection, which is contained in the Full Archive.

Synopsis
You have been chosen from among the best warriors of the Universal Guild to defeat the Korguls Invaders, who are trying to take control of your uranium rich planet from their own purposes. You must fight them in the desert, a factory, a space "grill" and finally their own space ship. Your task isn't simple but you're really the best!

Screenshots
Image Image

Gameplay
wmd

Re: Blaston (1991) (Eterna)

Post by wmd »

Like most Eterna games, this seems to be impossible to even get to the stage 1 boss. I was curious to see what the later stages looked like, and used an infinite energy hack from the Desktop Hacker 1.05 disk. However, once you kill the stage 1 boss the screen goes black. This might be due to the hack module, or it might be that there is a bug preventing progress.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:29 am once you kill the stage 1 boss the screen goes black
It's probably a protection check, I'll investigate

EDIT: Some sectors are missing from the floppy image, I'll re-image and update the OP and PackMan packages in due course.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:20 pm Some sectors are missing from the floppy image, I'll re-image and update the OP and PackMan packages in due course.
The disc images in the OP and the package have now been updated.

There's also an updated obey.zip which adds the invulnerability cheat to the boot script...see the HD install notes for details.