Hero Quest (1991) (Krisalis Software)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Hero Quest (1991) (Krisalis Software)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Hero Quest (1991) (Krisalis Software)

ID: 10192
Version: Unknown
Developer: Hasbro Bradley UK; Keith Birkett (conversion)
Genre: RPG; Adventure; Isometric
RAM: 1024

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM ARMv5+
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x 5.x

Legal info: Distribution rights held by JASPP

Download full archive: Image (6mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
To run the game use "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer.

Synopsis

CHRONICLES OF LORETOME

Heed well the words of Mentor, Guardian of Loretome, and I will tell you of times past, of darker days when the empire was saved against all hope. For I fear the darkness is about to return.

The fell legions of Morcar, Lord of Chaos, had swept all before them. At the sight of the Black Banner and the massed hordes of Chaos, even the bravest warriors of the Emperor had turned tail and fled, the land was laid waste and all men despaired.

But then there came a mighty warrior Prince from the Borderlands named Rodgar the Barbarian. He bore a glittering diamond in his brow, the Star of the West, as worn by the ancient kings of legend. Hope returned and men flocked to his standard, leaving their hiding places in the hills and forests.

Other great heroes joined him. Durgin the fearless Dwarven warrior from the Worlds Edge Mountains. Ladril the Elven fighter mage from distant Athelorn and Telor the Wizard whose sorcery was to save Rodgar on many occasions.

For many years Rodgar trained his army, being careful to avoid open battle with Morcar's General until all was ready, but ever harrying their supply lines, wiping out many orcs and goblins.

Then came the day for which Rodgar had waited. His army had grown strong and was well practised. Camping on the high passes, Ladril saw the Black hosts from afar and bade Durgin blow the call to arms on his mighty horn. The armies of Rodgar poured down upon the enemy from two sides, and battle was joined. Many foul creatures and good men perished that day. Yet, as the light of day faded it was Darkness that fled the field. But the victory was not absolute. Morcar and his general escaped beyond the sea of Claws, and even now they plot their revenge.

Soon their plots will be ready and the Empire will have need of a new Rodgar. But where are the heroes to equal him? You have much to learn if you are to become as great as Rodgar and his companions. I will help all I can. This book I carry, Loretome, was written when time began. All that ever was and all that ever will be is recorded in its countless pages.

Through Loretome I may guide you, but I may not intervene, least a greater evil befall the World, and Chaos triumphs forever.

Hero Quest the best selling role-playing game has now been developed into an absorbing fantasy adventure for your computer.

Take up the challenge to become a Hero and enter the underground realm of the evil wizard Morcar. But beware, the unlit tunnels hold many dangers, terrible monsters, deadly traps and mysterious rooms.

Screenshots
Image Image

Gameplay