Populous [RPC version] (2001) (R-Comp Interactive)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Populous [RPC version] (2001) (R-Comp Interactive)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Populous [RPC version] (2001) (R-Comp Interactive)

ID: 10597
Version: Unknown
Developer: Bullfrog Productions; Richard Walker (conversion)
Genre: Real-time Strategy
RAM: 2048

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x

Legal info: Distribution rights held by JASPP

Download full archive: Image (10.1mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
Double-click on the game to run.

Synopsis
THE POWER OF LIGHT OR THE FORCE OF DARKNESS? YOU DECIDE!

As a Divine Being you have a group of followers from whom you derive your power.
The more followers you have and the greater their achievements, the more power you wield. Unfortunately, there is another group of people who follow a different deity.
Since there's barely enough room in the world for your own magnificence, two won't do.
You must rid the world of the opposition. To do this, you will use your great power to move the earth and your devout followers to crush the misguided.

Screenshots
Image Image

Gameplay
dpsharp

Re: Populous [RPC version] (2001) (R-Comp Interactive)

Post by dpsharp »

I've been trying to play the RPC release of Populous on Windows RPCemu v0.9.3 under RISC OS 3.7 and also Virtual RPC AdjustSA v1.6 (RISC OS v4.39) but haven't been able to get into the game. Launching from the JFD image on ADFFS v2.73, the game title screen appears and the demo sequence very rapidly runs which makes it tricky to click the menu options but when I click on Tutorial or Conquest I get 'Press space or click mouse to continue' and it quits. Am I missing a step?

The regular Krisalis image you've got seems to work fine on both RPC emulators but that version of the game is unfortunately a bit too fast to be playable.
David
JonAbbott

Re: Populous [RPC version] (2001) (R-Comp Interactive)

Post by JonAbbott »

dpsharp wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:26 pm Launching from the JFD image on ADFFS v2.73, the game title screen appears and the demo sequence very rapidly runs which makes it tricky to click the menu options but when I click on Tutorial or Conquest I get 'Press space or click mouse to continue' and it quits. Am I missing a step?
Try using Boot Floppy from the ADFFS Filer menu on either version, I’m sure I fixed the timing issues in at least one of them.