Gotek

General development discussion not covered by a specific forum
JonAbbott

Re: Gotek

Post by JonAbbott »

sh0dan wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm I found on the Pi the grey screen and actual error on the beta of Risc OS went away if I re-downloaded the game, say Magic Pockets, using PackMan on the Pi.

I was wondering if PackMan downloads things outside of the application itself, or if it downloaded different versions depending on the platform? It also seems possible the share was somehow corrupted and its as simple as that. I'm now downloading them all specifically to the Pi but was interested for future reference.
The same package is used for all platforms and everything is contained in the game folder itself, so I'm not sure why you noticed a difference. It sounds like something was getting corrupt in the transfer between machines.
sh0dan

Re: Gotek

Post by sh0dan »

JonAbbott wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:30 am The same package is used for all platforms and everything is contained in the game folder itself, so I'm not sure why you noticed a difference. It sounds like something was getting corrupt in the transfer between machines.
That's excellent, thanks for confirming!