Sensible Soccer on ADFFS

General development discussion not covered by a specific forum
regin

Sensible Soccer on ADFFS

Post by regin »

Hi,

Having a little trouble getting Sensible Soccer to work on an A4000, 4mb. The floppy drive has been removed so I'm having to use some floppy images and ADFFS.

All seems to start well - the image files take a little longer for ADFFS to load than some others. I have the two disk image files named 1 and 2.

Once 1 opens up I double click on !Soccer and it starts to load. But then it asks for disk 2 and stops. I've tried ctrl + shift + F2 but it doesn't seem to budge. I've proven that the shift + ctrl + F2 trick works with some other multi disk games but can't crack this one.

Please could anyone help? Or is there a way of loading from hard drive?

Thanks!
JonAbbott

Re: Sensible Soccer on ADFFS

Post by JonAbbott »

regin wrote:Once 1 opens up I double click on !Soccer and it starts to load. But then it asks for disk 2 and stops. I've tried ctrl + shift + F2 but it doesn't seem to budge. I've proven that the shift + ctrl + F2 trick works with some other multi disk games but can't crack this one.
See if the Boot script gets it running: !ADFFS.Obey.F1032601
regin

Post by regin »

Thanks - actually I did a few searches and found you'd documented how to fix this elsewhere.

Need to disable the hourglass and it works fine.

Thanks for your work and documentation
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

There's a maintained list of the Boot scripts I've created in this thread, should you be trying to get an unreleased game to work.

I updated the Sensible Soccer script yesterday to use the JIT and now have it working on StrongARM, I don't recall testing it on the Pi though.