Cataclysm[SA] installs to a folder called 1048200

General development discussion not covered by a specific forum
Vanfanel

Cataclysm[SA] installs to a folder called 1048200

Post by Vanfanel »

Hello there,

When installing Cataclysm[SA] via !PackMan, it installs in a folder named 1048200, which is the release number of the game I think.

The normal Archimedes version installs to the expected folder. Is this intended behavior so both versions don't "overlap"?

Thanks!
JonAbbott

Re: Cataclysm[SA] installs to a folder called 1048200

Post by JonAbbott »

That’s PackMan preventing the folder clash. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll rename the SA version and update the package soon.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am I’ll rename the SA version and update the package soon.
The package is now up.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

JonAbbott wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:44 pm
JonAbbott wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am I’ll rename the SA version and update the package soon.
The package is now up.
Thanks, Jon! I believe there were others doing the same, so if I find them I will tell you :)

Ah! Cataclysm [SA] now installs as "Cataclysm", BUT it's missing the icon: it's showing a generic "App" gray icon, and it doesn't work: "Application may have gone wrong".

EDIT: What happens is that both "Cataclysm" and "Cataclysm [SA]" fail to run when I have an USB gamepad (Xbox 360) connected to an USB port.
Both seem to work if I disconnect the USB gamepad.

Other games work with this same gamepad connected (Blowpipe, ChuckRock, SWIV, etc).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:46 pm Ah! Cataclysm [SA] now installs as "Cataclysm", BUT it's missing the icon: it's showing a generic "App" gray icon, and it doesn't work: "Application may have gone wrong".
I've fixed the icon. Delete the package, update the package list and download again. I couldn't reproduce the error you received though.
Vanfanel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:46 pm EDIT: What happens is that both "Cataclysm" and "Cataclysm [SA]" fail to run when I have an USB gamepad (Xbox 360) connected to an USB port.
Both seem to work if I disconnect the USB gamepad.
I've just tested Cataclysm [SA] via the package with a wireless XB360 controller and a NES controller, both worked. Unfortunately I don't have a wired XB360 to test. It's possible its using a code path in USBJoystick that uses floats - I can't think what else would cause that particular Joystick to cause problems.

Do you have another Joystick you can test with?
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:

-Icon and excution of Cataclysm [SA] is now correct.

-Joystick problems only happen if I have the wired joystick gamepad when I click on the ADFFS icon. If I connect the wired gamepad AFTER clicking on the ADFFS icon, there are no problems I can even use the gamepad in Cataclysm and Cataclysm [SA].

-I have tried other gamepad (8BitDo SNES30, which has no analog axis, only digital) and there are no problems at all, I can connect it before clicking on the ADFFS icon, or after, no matter what, it works flawlessly.

I hope this information helps!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:37 pm -Joystick problems only happen if I have the wired joystick gamepad when I click on the ADFFS icon
Is sounds like USBJoystick is possibly generating an error if it's loaded whilst the Joystick is connected.

Try manually loading !ADFFS.USBJoystick whilst the Joystick is connected and then load ADFFS after that's successfully loaded.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

JonAbbott wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:34 pm
Vanfanel wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:37 pm -Joystick problems only happen if I have the wired joystick gamepad when I click on the ADFFS icon
Is sounds like USBJoystick is possibly generating an error if it's loaded whilst the Joystick is connected.

Try manually loading !ADFFS.USBJoystick whilst the Joystick is connected and then load ADFFS after that's successfully loaded.
If I do that, ADFFS fails with:

Code: Select all

Internal error: abort on data transfer at &FC05660C
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

What does *WHERE FC05660C report?

Its something in the OS that's failing. ADFFS doesn't actually do anything Joystick related when loading, so its a little odd.