QTeM

Discuss SoundTrackers, shims to QTM, 32bitting and ARMv7 compatibility
JonAbbott

QTeM

Post by JonAbbott »

I've 32-bitted QTeM and put it on the dev site. One issue I can see is that not all TrackerModule based games work with QTM, possibly due to songs QTM doesn't understand. For example:

Gribbly's Day Out
Magic Pockets
Paradroid 2000 (reports "Sorry, I don't understand this song format")
FRED

Steve, can you take a look and see if we can add support these in songs in QTM. If not, I'll attempt to 32bit TrackerModule 4.09
steve3000

Re: QTeM

Post by steve3000 »

JonAbbott wrote:Steve, can you take a look and see if we can add support these in songs in QTM. If not, I'll attempt to 32bit TrackerModule 4.09
Great work with QTeM, and 32-biting TrackerModule!

The problem is these tracks are in Arc 'Tracker' format. QTM will not support the ''Tracker' format directly as it is not based on the ProTracker format (so would need a totally separate decoding and playing routine - the heart of the module), but adding a format conversion step to QTeM, similar to DesktopTracker2QTM would certainly be possible.

I actually have a fairly decent Tracker format to QTM conversion routine, written years ago for exactly this purpose - just never finished properly so it got put to one side and forgotten about. It works with 4-channel Trackers that use the standard pattern length of 64, which will be the majority of game music. So when I get back to programming in a couple of months, I'll make a priority to add this into QTeM or a specific Tracker2QTM module, if that's easier...