AutoVIDC 2.08 available for testing

Discuss AutoVIDC by Paul Vernon
PaulV

Re: AutoVIDC 2.08 available for testing

Post by PaulV »

I've released a version of AutoVIDC 2.08 on Stardot to see if that fixes a reported hang when games are returning to the Desktop. I can't re-create it in v2.08 so the re-factoring process seems to have squished this bug.

I did find a minor bug in the logic though in that if the Enhancer type is "Native" then the Delegate function should never re-enable the AutoVIDC Service handler as it's not required so I've fixed that. To that end, there's just a module zip on the FTP server which should be used in lieu of the module on the full 2.08 distribution.

Paul
PaulV

Re: AutoVIDC 2.08 available for testing

Post by PaulV »

I'm just looking at implementing Aux I/O clock detection and seem to have the basics running now but it's just occurred to me...

Before I go any further, I probably shouldn't do this if the monitor type isn't 1, 3 or 4. The reason being because it actually activates the clocks to test for them it could force the refresh rates of the current screen modes very high indeed and if your machine is hooked up to a 15kHz monitor and AutoVIDC runs, it could end up sending a 75Hz refresh rate signal to the monitor on what should be a 50Hz screen when the 36MHz clock is selected.

I don't think it'll hurt functionality by not testing for the clocks on monitor types 0, 2 and 5 that's for sure.

Thoughts?

Paul