ADFFS 2.82

Floppy Disc Controller emulator and virtual IOC/IOMD/ARM JIT for modern RISC OS machines
Idge

Re: ADFFS 2.82

Post by Idge »

Thats perfect Jon,
That sorted it
Idge

Post by Idge »

Hi Jon,
Something else that seems to have changed in 2.82 on a physical machine is when doing the image to JFD it has mangled some of the wording on Compatibility and the recording file sections. Don't know if this is just affecting me, but is fine in older versions.
It says Compatibilt for Compatibility and Recording Fi instead of Recording File
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Idge wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:59 pm Something else that seems to have changed in 2.82 on a physical machine is when doing the image to JFD..
It says Compatibilt for Compatibility and Recording Fi instead of Recording File
It's the Window Manager version, which is not setting the icon width correctly. I've already fixed it for the next release.
simulant

Post by simulant »

Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to be a part of this fantastic community.

I just wanted to ask for a bit of help (apologies if this is the wrong board to do that in).

My problem is when I double click on ADFFS, I hear my real floppy drive light up and click a few times and then my whole system just freezes and locks up.

I've tried both the standard download version and the Packman one too and I get the same result.

Is there any way for me to produce an error log of access some sort of debugging on this one please?

My system is a Risc PC StrongARM running RISC OS 4.02 (I know, fancy right?!)

Thanks very much for any help at all on this, as I'd love to use JASPP if possible.

Best wishes.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

simulant wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:47 am when I double click on ADFFS, I hear my real floppy drive light up and click a few times and then my whole system just freezes and locks up.
To rule out a conflict with other software, could you hold * on the number pad at power on, then manually run !ADFFS from the Supervisor prompt.

Does it still lock up?
simulant

Post by simulant »

JonAbbott wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:45 am
simulant wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:47 am when I double click on ADFFS, I hear my real floppy drive light up and click a few times and then my whole system just freezes and locks up.
To rule out a conflict with other software, could you hold * on the number pad at power on, then manually run !ADFFS from the Supervisor prompt.

Does it still lock up?
Hi, thanks so much for your support on this Jon. When I run !ADFFS from the supervisor prompt it gives me the error "Message token * not found (Error number &AC2)"
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

simulant wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:41 pm When I run !ADFFS from the supervisor prompt it gives me the error "Message token * not found (Error number &AC2)"
I can't reproduce that myself, so I'd first try redownloading/extracting ADFFS to rule out corruption.

Probably worth scanning your machine for virus' as well, as the Extend virus causes these sorts of issues.
wmd

Post by wmd »

Idge wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:12 pmI have noticed that Chopper Force does not seem to work when using ADFFS on a physical machine when using Boot Floppy. It loads the first picture fine and says leave disk 1 in and press space, however when it should prompt for Disk 2, it just seems to have a black screen and not show the disk prompt and goes no further.
If running from the icon it works fine, just when running via Boot Floppy, so must be something in the obey script.
I am testing on an A3010
I see similar behaviour with Cataclysm. When the prompt to insert disk 2 appears, if you insert the disk 2 image nothing happens, the message remains.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:16 pm I see similar behaviour with Cataclysm. When the prompt to insert disk 2 appears, if you insert the disk 2 image nothing happens, the message remains.
Does pressing SPACE do anything?
wmd

Post by wmd »

No.