Magic Pockets (1993) (Renegade)

Download games the project has approval to release
JonAbbott

Magic Pockets (1993) (Renegade)

Post by JonAbbott »

Image Magic Pockets (1993) (Renegade)

ID: 10236
Version: Unknown
Developer: The Bitmap Brothers; Paul Chapman (conversion)
Genre: Platformer
RAM: 1024

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM ARMv5+
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x 5.x

Legal info: Distribution rights held by JASPP

Download full archive: Image (16.5mb)

Download individual floppies: Image

Game info
To run the game use "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer.

Synopsis
To complete Magic Pockets you must successfully find all of the Bitmap Kids Toys and reach home, there are 26 levels spread across 4 worlds, The Caves, The Jungle, The Mountains and The Lakes.

The game features Bonus Games, Secret Rooms, Loads and Loads of Power-Ups, Stacks of Levels, Heaps of Weapons and Swarms of Intelligent nasties

Screenshots
Image Image

Gameplay
md0u80c9

Re: Magic Pockets (1993) (Renegade)

Post by md0u80c9 »

Tried this this evening with latest RPCEmu on HostFS with RISC OS 3.71 ROMS and ADFFS 0.20.

From a clean boot I get an abort on data transfer at &02207F24.

Best wishes,

Drew
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

md0u80c9 wrote:Tried this this evening with latest RPCEmu on HostFS with RISC OS 3.71 ROMS and ADFFS 0.20.

ADFFS has never been tested on RPCEmu only physical machines, could you please do the following:

1. After loading ADFFS and mounting the floppy, enter "*MODULES" at the F12 prompt, let me know the address of the ADFFS module
2. Boot the floppy via the ADFFS filer and let me know the abort address if different from the one above.

That will help be pin down the instructions causing the abort.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

md0u80c9 wrote:Tried this this evening with latest RPCEmu on HostFS with RISC OS 3.71 ROMS and ADFFS 0.20.

I've just tested on RPCEmu 0.8.10 running under Windows with the following config and not seen any issues:

CPU: ARM610
RAM: 32mb
VRAM: 2mb
md0u80c9

Post by md0u80c9 »

Just tried to refetch the archive given the changes to ADFFS and on trying to retrieve 'Discs' from the Magic Pockets archive I get a 'bad archive' error from SparkFS. Redownloaded with the same results. Is the archive corrupt?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

md0u80c9 wrote:Is the archive corrupt?
All the archives were corrupt, I've reuploaded them again and as a precaution all the separate floppy images as well. I'm have deja-vu as this happened a few weeks back.
MarzSyndrome

Post by MarzSyndrome »

Hello there, just wanted to register to mention that while the reuploading of the games has fixed nearly all the archives (I downloaded the set both times and did comparison checks), the Magic Pockets zip still appears to be broken (as is the regular Chuck Rock zip). I'm not sure if it's just a flaky server issue or whatever, but yeah, thought I'd let Jon know.

Thanks!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

MarzSyndrome wrote:Magic Pockets zip still appears to be broken (as is the regular Chuck Rock zip). I'm not sure if it's just a flaky server issue or whatever, but yeah, thought I'd let Jon know.
They're all corrupt again, this is starting to seriously annoy me now. I'll have to pull the site until I can either find out why its happening or find another solution.

That I know of, its only affecting ZIP files otherwise this site would see corruption as well - it's all on the same server and drive.
MarzSyndrome

Post by MarzSyndrome »

They're not *all* corrupt! Like I said, I downloaded the complete set two times - before the re-upload and after it - and did checksum comparisons and tested all the zips.

From my tests, all zips apart from Magic Pockets and Chuck Rock extracted without issue (with WinRAR at least), and the checksums on the individual JFDs matched those in the zips, since the re-upload.

(Although having just did another test download today, for some reason the zip for James Pond (SA version) has gotten corrupt in one file even though the zip I have here is perfect. The upload datestamp appears to be the same as well (according to Firefox with the Link Properties Plus addon). So it just seems...... random? Maybe something else is corrupting archives at random while they're sitting on the server?)

Aside from that though, Magic Pockets and Chuck Rock are now extractable again. :) Thanks!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I picked three games at random this morning, of those both Gods and Fire & Ice ZIP's were corrupt although the JFD's were fine. Based on that it's probably fair to presume all ZIP's are potentially corrupt!