ADFFS 2.84 public beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.84 public beta

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:25 pm I just tried to make a new JFD of Ballarena ... I get the error: "Internal error: address exception at &0386DAEC
Try the version in the OP. I suspect you're running the ROM version of WindowManager, so have probably encountered an early bug that's been fixed in later versions.
wmd

Post by wmd »

Thanks, working now.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated build in the OP with a few bug fixes for IOC / IOMD
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated build in the OP for the Pi, switching overlay changes to be within an RTSupport thread to comply with the restrictions overlays impose. This “should” make the overlay frame swaps happen at 50hz and make scrolling smoother in games like Pacmania.

This build should be used in parallel with the latest nightly Pi ROM, which implements various changes to overlays to prevent most of the problems I’ve reported.

Overlay’s can take a while to appear if frame swapping isn’t occurring, so dropping to F12 followed by a change to a legacy screen mode might take a few seconds before the video appears. I suspect some games might also be affected by this = I’ve not checked.

I can’t actually explain why the overlay doesn’t appear sometimes, other than if BCMVideo is dropping overlay changes if the GPU can’t action them immediately. I suspect it’s timing related as the overlay does eventually appear if you wait long enough.