Game testing status

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: Game testing status

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded the YouTube video now that I've fixed the bug - you can see just how bad it is!! Trust me - it's bad!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Whilst trying to record the YouTube video of Heimdall, I've noticed its randomly crashing after all characters die and tries to go back to the title page. It's not the Page Zero access bug I've seen previously, but looks IRQ related.

The Abort handler is reporting an abort in RISCOS - but this isn't possible as the Abort handler passes all Abort outside of the JIT to RISCOS. A possible cause of this behaviour is corruption of SVC R14, but even this should happen as the Abort handler shuts down IRQ and FIQ to prevent that happening.

Rather strangely, I'm seeing the same issue with the 26 bit Module CPU Paravirtualization so I need to find the route cause.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

The latest obey.zip on the dev site now fixes the cursor clipping issue in Lemmings, the issue - which is obvious in hindsight, was due to the self-modifying cursor code being called in a privileged CPU mode, as a consequence ADFFS' self-modifying code support wasn't being triggered.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

Working great, Jon, no more cursor corruption on intermission screens!
But the cursor still warps partially from right to left in-game.