Genre: Strategy
RAM: 3072

CPU compatibility: ARM2 ARM250 ARM3 ARM610 ARM700 ARM710 ARM7500 StrongARM
OS compatibility: 3.11 3.5x 3.6x 3.7x 4.x

Legal info: Distribution rights granted to JASPP by Artex Software

Download full archive: Image (8.2mb)

Download individual floppies: ImageImageImage

Game info
To run the game install to harddisc and run via the Icon.

Synopsis
Could you rule a galaxy?

EXODUS is a strategic simulation featuring the conquest and colonization of a whole galaxy while playing versus 14 intelligent opponents of different races. The player has to conquer planets, build them up, defend them against other lords, and forge trading or war alliances.
Due to randomization and intelligent algorithms, every EXODUS game differs totally from the previous. Every new game you play will hold new surprises, dangers, and triumphs.
EXODUS is the first strategic simulation developed exclusively for the Acorn range of computers.

Features
  • 14 intelligent computer players out of 4 different races
  • 15 to 40 stars with 5 planets max, allowing a maximum of 200 colonizable worlds that are uniquely created for every game (including structure of surface)
  • High complexity
  • Up to 5 human players
  • Easy installation
  • Detailed manual
  • Interactive music
  • Many Megabytes of graphics and animations
  • Uses Background Blending with RISC OS 3.7
  • Runs on any RISC OS 3 computer RiscPC or Archimedes) with more than 2 MB RAM and a hard disc drive

Screenshots
Image Image
KarateEd

Re: Exodus (1997) (Artex Software)

Post by KarateEd »

Hi Jon,

Quick question for you. The second file for this game is slightly larger than a single floppy which is how I've been moving files back and forth between PC and A3010. Is there another way a person can import that file to the A3010 that you're aware of that doesn't require a bunch of hardware creation?

Thanks Jon,

Ed...... :-)
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

A file splitter? Alternatively, copy the contents of the 2nd floppy out under an emulator and write the contents to floppy?
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Hi Jon,

Thanks, I'll see if I can solve it with one of those 2 solutions.

btw, have I told you how much I appreciate what you've done on this site. I never had an A3010 before in my life, being 67 it is now another unique experience and it's really a fantastic little machine. You've done a stellar job with this site.

Thanks once again, you're a star.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Hi Jon,

I've gone one better than a file splitter. I've loaded up RISC OS 5.23 July 30 2017 edition on my Rasp Pi B. However, when I run !Exinstall I get an error.... Application may have gone wrong with description of Module 'TinyStubs' is not 32-bit compatible. My only option is to cancel at this point.

Is there some way to fix this within the !Run file as I see that's where it's being looked at first I think?

Thanks Jon,

As always, very much appreciative of your efforts,

JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

KarateEd wrote:Is there some way to fix this within the !Run file as I see that's where it's being looked at first I think?
No, it's Wimp based and ADFFS doesn't currently support Wimp apps.

This is a game I have permission to convert to native 32bit, so will hopefully make it available at some point. Same goes for TEK 1608, Ankh and Botkiller although the first two also require permission from R-Comp as the publisher.
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Thanks Jon,

So if I get that message with other programs, that's what's happening then, WIMP based programming.

As always, you've taught me more.

I'm really enjoying playing with RISC OS. It's an excellent OS. I like it so much better than Windows, any version. It just seems so well put together.

Thanks again,

JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Just look at the CPU/OS compatibility detailed in the OP, if it's runs under ADFFS, RO5 will be highlighted in green.
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Gotcha, thanks Jon....